Central London overfloweth with gorgeous, intelligent women with a thirst for murder. The Baker Street Babes: The Web's Only All Female Sherlock Holmes Podcast. Eat your heart out Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

Friday 12 August 2011

Episode 5: Guy Ritchie's Sherlock Holmes


Permalink
Guy Ritchie's Sherlock Holmes has caused a lot of controversy with Sherlockians and Holmesians alike, so Babes: Curly, Kafers, Ardy, and Taylor take it on. Why they love it, what they don't love about it... and why is the Bromance JUST SO AMAZING?! 


We welcome new BSB Taylor into the crew, rescue Ardy from Skype Purgatory, weigh in on Rachel McAdams' Irene Adler, and let you know about some fabulous things including a Rupert Graves shot glass and a bunch of Scots that are making Sherlock Holmes headway of their own. It's Episode 5 and it's less than an hour long!! Also listen to the hauntingly beautiful Ghosts of Baker Street by Sam Hoare at the end. It's quite lovely.

The Sherlock Holmes Society of Scotland (The Self Important Scotland Yarders) can be found @SHolmesScotland and Barry's blog is here! http://bit.ly/qGtkgI


Sam Hoare: I'm 16, from Oxford, UK. I sing, and have done basically since I discovered the function of vocal chords, and I've written song since I could hold a pencil. I play the guitar (self taught) and I write my own songs, an equal mix between fandom and original. I write stuff for Doctor Who, Sherlock and Harry Potter. They're basically my life. I love Sherlock, and the original Sherlock Holmes books, and have found that the fandom has very quickly become my favourite of all time, because the people are so creative and lovely, and so supportive of whatever random creation I throw at them to give opinions on. And, I hope to definitely move out to London and attempt to make a career out of writing and performing my own songs, be them about silly things that I become obsessed with or real, serious musician things. Listen to more of Sam's songs at Soundcloud and @SamSailsShips

No comments:

Post a Comment